Some of you may recall my white elephant 'Linux Certified' machine.  I
can't call LC its manufacturers, since they aren't: they just bought a
batch of Compal JHL90 notebooks and shoved a version of Ubuntu with a
non-standard interface driver onto them (because they said, it was more
stable than the standard driver), thus making them non-updatable.

I ran mine with the standard driver, making it updatable, and it went
dead, with, according to local engineers, a chipset fault, after four
months. I sent it back to its vendors in California over a month ago,
with a note saying I didn't want it repaired and returned, I wanted my
money back. Since then I have heard nothing.

I don't feel too keen on whatever the international version of the Small
Claims Court is, but I do feel that, given that they call themselves
'Linux Certified,' Mr Pauling, who owns the name 'Linux', might be
interested. How do I contact him, or his organisation, whatever it is?