On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Ronnie Tucker wrote:
> Only problem now is that I can't unmount the iPod (aka: iTouch) as the
> user, I have to unmount it as root.

Does:

  fusermount -u

work?

> it as iPod_, [then] iPod__ and keeps adding underscores each time

It's probably because the first instance hasn't been unmounted---but even
so, it should be giving the same device the same name.  Bug.

> it seems to want the iTouch's unique ID,

It should really be fetching that itself, but off the top of my head:

  lsusb -vv | grep iSerial

The reason is that iTunesDB files have to be signed with the ID of the
device in question.

Your converts' v1 iTouch/iPhone has the earlier iPhone software version and
so won't require signed iTunesDB database files.

        -Paul

(Ideally, these items belong in the bugtracker!).
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three.  Somewhere, GB.