>> Only problem now is that I can't unmount the iPod (aka: iTouch) as the
>> user, I have to unmount it as root.
>>
> Does:
>   fusermount -u
> work?

It said I had to be in the 'fuse' group, which I am, so I'm not sure
what's wrong there...

>> it as iPod_, [then] iPod__ and keeps adding underscores each time
>>
> It's probably because the first instance hasn't been unmounted---but even
> so, it should be giving the same device the same name.  Bug.

I does that even when I sudo umount the iTouch. Reconnect it and it
becomes iPod_ then iPod__ (etc.)

>> it seems to want the iTouch's unique ID,
>>

> It should really be fetching that itself, but off the top of my head:
>   lsusb -vv | grep iSerial
> The reason is that iTunesDB files have to be signed with the ID of the
> device in question.
> Your converts' v1 iTouch/iPhone has the earlier iPhone software version and
> so won't require signed iTunesDB database files.

Even using the old method of getting the ID and putting it in the
SysInfo (of the iPod/Touch) doesn't work. Amarok still won't work with
it. As far as Amarok is concerned, it isn't mounted (when it is, I can
see the files on the iTouch). Even selecting the 8gb iTouch black from
the Amarok list can't convince Amarok to connect...

I even tried (from using Google) the ipod-touch-mount (and umount) pre
(and post) commands in Amarok but still no joy.

The new convert is impressed with Ubuntu, if I can get this iTouch
working it'd be the icing on the cake as it's now become my personal
mission to get the blasted thing working with Amarok!  :D

Thanks for all the help!

--
Ronnie Tucker

ron...@ronnietucker.co.uk
www.RonnieTucker.co.uk

Fb: facebook.com/profile.php?id=585438496
TWITTER: twitter.com/ronnietucker
MSN: ronnietuc...@hotmail.com

Registered Linux User # 456627
Registered Ubuntu User # 18227