Paul Sutton wrote:

> Liam Wilson wrote:
>
>> Neil Greenwood wrote:

>>> On BBC Breakfast, Rory Cellan-Jones was demonstrating multi-touch on
>>> Windows 7. He said he normally uses a different system, then went on
>>> to say that Apple were trying to spoil the launch by announcing new
>>> products recently, and that free software was going to celebrate the
>>> launch of a new Ubuntu version next week (he pronounced it right too)!
>>>
>>> Cofion,
>>> Neil.
>>>

>> Yeah, but he also sort of played it down a bit by just dismissing it as
>> "A bunch of enthusiasts trying to persuade us..." and then basically
>> just dismissing it completely!
>>
>> I also noticed dell has done this a little on thier Windows Vs. Ubuntu page:
>> http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/windows_or_ubuntu?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs
>>
>> I also noticed it spelt programs wrong xD
>>

> it may be worth clicking on feedback adn commenting,
>
> This seems more like MS FUD, than facts, but by commenting we can set
> the record straight, open office can load / save office 07 files for
> example, Ubuntu is for more than just programming, even though that
> option is nice, something I can't use windows for unless i buy more
> software.
>
> Ubuntu may not be able to run MS office directly but it can using
> crossover office,  or install Open office which I assume by 3.1 can now
> open / save office 07 file format.  Odf is also an ISO standard, so that
> may be significant, or pushing it a bit too far for them to cope with.
>
> Perhaps we can work out what to write here, submit that,
>
> Paul
>
> - --
> Paul Sutton
> www.zleap.net
>
> Ubuntu 9.10 out 29th October 2009 - www.ubuntu.com

Yeah, I noticed there was feedback button, so I posted:

[I noticed on the Windows Or Ubuntu page, you stated that "Ubuntu is not
compatible with Microsoft Office Software". I would like to inform you
that Ubuntu is compatible with Microsoft Office files, and I think it
would be worthwhile putting this on the webpage.

Also, you Spelt Programs wrong.]

It also say's on the Dell Ubuntu page, that you can _ONLY_ use FOSS
software. I shall too ask for this to be changed. I sound picky, but it
bugs me!

Liam.