Simon Osborne wrote:
> Yes. It upgrades libavcodec to a version which is incompatible with
> gstreamer and VLC, along with other things. It can be fixed by forcing
> a downgrade on libavcodec to the version supplied with Karmic.

I'm not on karmic yet but this is an interesting point. Currently
KDEnlive (my preferred video editing suite) can't deal with AAC audio by
default due to some broken libavcodec package as I understand.
As my (stupid) video camera outputs h.264 + aac this is somewhat
frustrating.

Anyway, hopefully this will all get smoothed out! :)

Tim

P.s. If you know and cameras that output to theora & ogg or dirac,
please do let me know!