I fell into this trap with Openshot, the PPA messes all kinds of stuff
up, I can't remember how I fixed it, but it did involve uninstalling
OpenShot. I remember tryig to play the Original Godzilla when it
happened. I was sad :(

I don't think the .deb messes with the shizzle, but I wouldn't try it. -
Better safe than sorry.

Liam.