On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Gordon <gbpli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>> Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to remotely control a machine
>> not in the same location and not on the same network?
>>
>> Ta!
>>

> I forgot to mention - the person using this remote computer just about
> has the ability to send and receive email, type simple letters and
> browse the internet and that's about it!

Gitso is your best solution i think, all they need to do on their side
is download and install it.  Once it's on, they need your IP address
to "request support" from you.

On your side, you will need to make sure that you have port 5500 open
if you are using a router or firewall.  install gitso and offer
support.

I've used it quite a bit and it's very useful.