Quoting Bruno Girin <brunogi...@gmail.com>:

<snip>

> What I would really like to do eventually is basic programming
> workshops, a bit like the old computer clubs of when I was a child (at a
> time when the home computer was called Amstrad CPC or Commodore C64): it
> was a great way to get people (kids especially) interested in computers
> as you would show them how fun it could be when you knew the basics of
> programming. Other fun stuff we could do are themed workshops like how
> to create a 3D scene with Blender.

I think that's a great idea.  I used to love tinkering around with
Basic on the Amstrad CPC (and Amstrad Logo too on CPM).  It's been a
few years since I did any real programming (the last bit of
programming I did was on Visual Basic), but I'd love to re-learn some
programming skills.  Not sure if I'd be best off learning C/C++ or
something like Python.

Rob