Surely there must be some sponsorship to be got?  - Canonical?

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-uk-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-uk-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of pa...@fossbox.org.uk
Sent: 29 March 2010 10:39
To: UK Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] London Ubuntu install party?

I'm interested in getting involved in the install party. Our group is
just starting up a community cloud project and I'm happy to talk about
some Ubuntu/LTSP pilots we're currently running with NGOs.

If the venue is small, I think it might work to do two separate events -
one oriented towards business/NGOs and the other a more informal 'do'
for people in general who might like to experiment with Ubuntu.

Either date is fine for me, but I think it's best not to clash with
other events that people will want to go to?

I dunno about £25 - I think it might discourage quite a few people.
Surely there must be some sponsorship to be got?  Anyone got any ideas
about who to approach? I'll give it some thought . . .

Paula

/ www.fossbox.org.uk
pa...@fossbox.org.uk
Tel: 020 7481 8479