Hi there,

Sorry for butting in on your conversation but I wonder if you can help on a
problem I have after a clean install of ubuntu 10.4 netbook remix on my Acer
eee 1000H. This is dual boot with windows xp as the other operating system.
Previously I had ubuntu 9.10 and there was no problem with the wireless
connection to my router. Now ubuntu 10.4 fails to connect to the router
wirelessly, only via ethernet. Ubuntu sees the router and I am asked to key
in the password to access the router. I do this but although I have typed
the correct password ubuntu fails to connect. Xp has no problem connecting
and my mobile and internet radio also have no problems with the router. I
suspect that the problem is that there is not a driverin ubuntu 10.4 to
operate the wireless card. When I look at the tab for hardware drivers it
says no propriatary drivers are installed. I downloaded a commonly used
driver from the repositary but it does not seem to show up on the system
anywhere. Any suggestions of how to resolve this problem?

Regards.

Benjy