On 7 August 2010 12:06, Alan Bell <alan.b...@theopenlearningcentre.com> wrote:
> I was at the presentations yesterday for the Young Rewired State
> hackweek http://rewiredstate.org/young lots of young people, including
> our very own Isabell Long throwing together applications and mashups
> based on government data. Joe O'Dell was along as well, but sadly was
> too young to fully take part this year! There was a panel of judges
> including Andrew Stott, the government Director of Digital Engagement.
> Isabell's application GovSpark won a special prize for the app most
> likely to irritate the civil service which is great! The event is much
> more about Open Data than Open Source, the laptop of choice for the next
> generation of technology leaders is clearly the Macbook, but there were
> a number of Ubuntu laptops present (in fact the Manchester team did 20
> application demos on Tim Dobson's Ubuntu laptop).
>
> The Young Rewired State will be run again next year, but they are
> looking for more sponsorship if you know an organisation interested in
> promoting technology innovation then point them in the direction of
> http://rewiredstate.org/pages/yrs-info-centres

You forgot about TubeSmart and SociaLibrary (although I suppose I
don't really take part that often here usually). Also, for anyone who
thought to themselves that they'd use something like TubeSmart (the
tube map with SVG circles on top) please pressure TfL into releasing
the data via enqu...@tfl.gov.uk or @TfLoffficial on Twitter. Thanks!

--
Harry Rickards - ha...@linux.com
Vote Lib Dem - Building a fairer Britain - http://libdems.org.uk