On 22/10/10 12:31, Simon Swaysland wrote:
Hi,

I need to connect a server to my home LAN, but it's too far for a reliable wireless connection. Ideally I would like to use CAT5, but I don't think the wife would apprecite me pulling up the laminate floor to lay it!

Does anyone have any recommendations for powerline adapters? All the power wiring in my house is <5 years old.

Cheers,

Simon

--

Simon,

I too will add my voice in support of the Devolo system. It has been running faultlessly here. Don't worry about the age of your wiring. Mine is running on a Greek three phase system and as for people worried about lightning, I have a surge protection system wired into the distribution box that is so sensitive that it trips every time a sparrow lands on the power lines! Power surges and lightning strikes are a serious issue here .... in Corfu! Voltage regulators and UPSs reign supreme here!

Regards,

Bob