Hi,

Have just done a mate's wedding video.

Agree with you about PiTiVi, excellent front end but poor rendering.

I ended up converting the footage to digital video using ffmpeg and then
used kino to edit and render into the end result.

I also changed the sound track a bit by using Audacity to throw together
a sound track and Avidemux to mix it into the video.

After all this I used the tovid scripts to make the dvd and mkisofs to
generate an iso file of the dvd disc so he could burn his own copies.

Michael