On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Hassan "Haz" Williamson
<h...@hazrpg.co.uk> wrote:
> @Liam, You could have saved yourself some heart ache by just installing
> LibreOffice with the PPA.

Thanks for the tip, I shall look into it. I don't recall how I
installed LO on my desktop, but I don't see any repos for LO in my
sources.list so I guess I must have just downloaded it.

The following, although it may seem petter, isn't. It's important. I
don't want to seem ungrateful but it's kind of a big deal.

*Please*, do not use that bulletin-board style "@Liam" thing again, to
anyone on any mailing list. I missed your message because it wasn't
threaded as a response to me.

The *only* reason for "@username" is on crappy flat fora with no
threading - it enables you to direct responses when the software is
too crap, broken and pathetic to support threading, which has been a
standard feature of email and newsgroups for about 35 years now. Or,
of course, that the authors are too damned stupid to have implemented
it.

This is the reason I don't use the Ubuntu fora and won't use web fora
in general unless there is no alternative. No threading means a
useless, chaotic mess.

If you'd replied to me, my email client would have told me about it.
As it was, you didn't, you only replied to Mac and I happened to
stumble across the message revisiting the thread.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508