On 25 March 2011 16:14, Jon Reynolds <maill...@jcrdevelopments.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Am sure as all of you are computer users, some probably quite prolific (as
> coders etc), that some of you have had experience with RSI.
>
> I have had a bad wrist for a few years now on and off. It always seemed to
> go away but recently (last 4-6months) it seems to be here and not going
> away.
>
> Basically I get a pain in the inside corner of my wrist when it is bent
> back, i.e. in a position to do push ups. I cannot push things (e.g. doing
> push ups) without it hurting and shaking it (shaking inside-out socks) hurts
> too.
>
> I have tried wearing a wrist strap (like a sports one) for the last few
> weeks but it doesn't seem to be making much difference.
>
> I am a CAD user by day, which is very mouse-dependant, but also do an
> amount of typing, but I think the mouse usage is the main culprit as its
> always semi-hovering as I manoeuvre the mouse.
>
> I am wondering if anyone else has had experiences like this and how they
> got rid of it? Maybe those little cushioned mouse mats, where you rest your
> wrist on a small cushion would help.

There are lots of things you can try: make sure that you're sitting at a
comfortable angle (I had this a while ago because my seat was too low); try
a wrist rest, either as part of a mouse mat or separately; if all else
fails, consider an alternative pointing device like a trackball or even a
graphics pad.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood