On 17 May 2011 21:07, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 17 May 2011 17:33, Alan Pope <a...@popey.com> wrote:
>> On 17 May 2011 17:29, Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Did you know that you can middle-click on the title bar to send a
>>> window to the back of the stack? It's very handy. That is the one
>>> Linux feature I most miss when using Windows - I curse its absence
>>> several times an hour.
>>
>> I did not know this. Will have fun with that tonight.
>
> Sadly it is not yet implemented on Unity-2d, so I have to wait a bit for that.

Are you *absolutely 100% sure?* I am fairly certain that I've used
this on my notebook since I upgraded - it's something I use /all the
time./ I recall doing it at lunchtime today, in fact, although I
wouldn't stake my life on it - but I recall using it to send my Gmail
window behind

It's a window-manager feature, not anything to do with the launcher at
all. It works in every WM I've tried recently, from KWM to IceWM to
WindowMaker.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508