On 24/06/11 13:51, gazz wrote:
I do think that people need face-to-face help and the LUG format doesn't
work for most non-techies - and especially for women. Anxiety about who
they'll turn to if it goes wrong is a big barrier for most people when
thinking about adopting Ubuntu.

Very true. It is difficult to persuade my wife to attend even when I will be holding her hand. If the unthinkable happens and I am not around at some point, then she will suddenly have a need to sort wheat from chaff in our home systems, web stores, various test machines, and multiple Ubuntu versions.

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user