Overall, I'm pleased that the next release goes back to Thunderbird - I think it has better possibilities. But, one area I miss is the apparent lack of control over the sending fields. On Evolution, I was able to set my sending to use another server than the receive server. I need to do this because my ISP only allows sending when logged into their own service, so when I'm away and hooked up to a wi-fi, I can't reply in the normal way.

Evolution allows for fully setting the from field to my ISP while sending from another. All Thunderbird allows is changing the 'reply-to' field ... not quite as good. I took a look at the configuration - the accounts information is in a file called prefs.js, but I can't see a workaround there. Any thoughts?

Regards, Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/