On 12/08/2011 22:06, Barry Drake wrote:
On 12/08/11 21:57, mac wrote:
 gmx does not allow you to use a From field that's different from the account
e-mail address you're using to authenticate the SMTP server. The gmail SMTP
server, on the other hand, does allow you to do this with Thunderbird, IIRC.

 mac

Well, that's what I expected, but the gmail SMTP server doesn't like
it.  Evolution sent all the right headers to make it work - like the
'from' field was the same as the SMTP account from field.  I guess
before I go away again, I'll have to change all my lists to my gmx
account.  Bother!!

I don't understand what problem you're trying to solve. I've just sent this e-mail with my gmx address but using the gmail SMTP server authenticated with a completely different address.

Is that not what you're trying to do?

mac