On 12/08/11 20:26, Tony Travis wrote:

> I set all my TB accounts to use the 'default' SMTP server for outgoing email and, as Simon said, > I then select a different default SMTP server depending on if I am sending email at home or at work.

That's what I figured. But if I set the SMTP to gmx and the account as ntlworld, I get the following when I try to send unless I change thee-mail address to my gmx address.

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.0 Sender address does not belong to logged in user {mp-eu002}. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again."

If I send from gmx, the e-mail address I have to put in for the account has to be a gmx account, but it will let me put the ntlworld address as'reply to'. I imagine this will prevent me posting to lists that are subscribed to my ntlworld address.

Regards, Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/