On 11 October 2011 08:41, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbpli...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 11/10/2011 14:27, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>
> there is a polling interval, which I think is ten minutes.
>
> I did look so see if there was, but couldn't find anything. But how does
> that fit with the website being updated almost immediately, or might that
> just be co-incidence?

"Meta"-items such as Folders are updated at a different speed to "real"
files (eg .ogg s).  There's more detail here:

https://one.ubuntu.com/help/faq/why-are-only-folders-uploaded-but-not-files-39/

Also, on 11.04 I keep an eye on what is going on using the command line
tool: *u1sdtool*
*
*
"*u1sdtool -s*" for system status
"*u1sdtool --waiting*" to see what is waiting to be uploaded
"*u1sdtool --current-transfers*" to see what is being uploaded or downloaded
at the moment.

I added around 15Gb of content to my synched folders and it took a few days
of me leaving it overnight to get everything online... but once it's there
it recognises new files and file changes almost instantaneously (~ 5s).

matt