On 18/10/2011 17:48, bod...@googlemail.com wrote:
Can I suggest that you either file a bug report or dust your programming books
off and fix it yourself?

But it's been like this for years and I think I may well have filed a bug years ago, but it's obviously not even been on Canonicals radar at all... To me it's the one thing that will stop people using Ubuntu and preferring Windows - MS Office does this automatically and so does the version of LO that you can get from the LO website but if the software is supplied as part of the install shouldn't people expect ALL the functions to be there? Why do they miss one of the most important out?

Unfortunately I am not a programmer....
--

Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 10.04 (yay!) Windows 7 (unfortunately)