On 18/10/11 17:57, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
But it's been like this for years and I think I may well have filed a
bug years ago, but it's obviously not even been on Canonicals radar at
all...
To me it's the one thing that will stop people using Ubuntu and
preferring Windows - MS Office does this automatically and so does the
version of LO that you can get from the LO website but if the software
is supplied as part of the install shouldn't people expect ALL the
functions to be there? Why do they miss one of the most important out?

If the issue is that you can use your Evolution address book(s) as a mail merge source in Base, but not your Thunderbird address book, you could try installing thunderbird-couchdb. This allows Thunderbird to access the address book in desktopcouch via the Evolution Data Server; if Base also uses EDS to get the address books, it should be available.

JT