On 18/10/2011 18:03, Dave Morley wrote:

On 18/10/11 17:57, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
On 18/10/2011 17:48, bod...@googlemail.com wrote:
Can I suggest that you either file a bug report or dust your
programming books off and fix it yourself?

But it's been like this for years and I think I may well have filed
a bug years ago, but it's obviously not even been on Canonicals
radar at all... To me it's the one thing that will stop people
using Ubuntu and preferring Windows - MS Office does this
automatically and so does the version of LO that you can get from
the LO website but if the software is supplied as part of the
install shouldn't people expect ALL the functions to be there? Why
do they miss one of the most important out?

Unfortunately I am not a programmer....

Mostly because it's nothing to do with canonical, this is an issue
with LibreOffice.  Have you tried their site for a plugin?

No it's to do with what Canonical DO with LO.
If you remove the version of LO (and this was the same with OO as well) and replace it with the version from the LO website then the option to use TBird addressbook as an addressbook source magically becomes available. Canonical cripple some parts of LO - whether deliberately or not I don't know, but it shouldn't happen...

--

Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 10.04 (yay!) Windows 7 (unfortunately)