----- Mensaje original -----
> On 03/03/12 22:51, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> > Hiyas,
> >
> > Yeah, for the testing of lubuntu [1] [2]
> >
> > We need some 128Mb RAM machines [2] . These are needed for non PAE
> > chipsets as well. We need to know if the none PAE system install
> > actually will work. We only have one with actual hardware as yet, the
> > others are doing it via VM.
> >
> > We are also testing mac-ppc stuff, seems okay on G4 with quibbles, but
> > an extra G3 equipped person would allow a bug to be confirmed as we
> > only have one person.
> >
> > For the "new" Intel-Macs, again, we only have one - but that will only
> > get a bug heat if we have a couple of testers: If you know of any one
> > who could help on these, please join the lubuntu-qa team, so far it
> > looks still possible.
> >
> > The beta 1's are at the usual place
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/TechnicalOverview/Beta1
> >
> > The dailies, as always are spilt between Desktop and alternate. If you
> > need more information on testing but think you do not know how to do
> > so, please do reply - Honest, we do not bite from any of the testing
> > teams. It is frequently that the new comers say something is wrong &
> > the rest of us go "Dho!, who did we miss that one?"
> >
> > Please do not see my request to UK list as any attempt to favour one
> > flavour of *buntu over an other. Each flavour has an important section
> > in our family.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Phill.
> > [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
> > [2] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/204/builds
> > [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu#System_Requirements
>
> I have an old PC or two I will have a look tomorrow.
> downloading lubuntu b1 alt torrent now
>
> --
> alan cocks

I have an old laptop  but probably around 256 ram maybe even a 512. Problem i
had in the past was the screen resolution never matched and since the taskbar
was on the bottom i could not see it. Had to do some xrandr thing that i never
understood but worked. Built-in wifi and pcmcia wifi (SMC) did not work in the
past either (this was 2 years ago). I'll give it a go. If it is useful.