On 04/03/12 20:18, Phill Whiteside wrote:
grep pae /proc/cpuinfo
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36
mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up ts

The above output shows a CPU that does have PAE support. If the command
returns nothing, then the CPU does not have PAE support.

It looks like I don't have any x86 machines which don't have PAE. Looking at the processors which don't have it, I'd be surprised if many of their motherboards supported as much as 128MB. My PII MMX laptop is maxed out at 96MB.

For G3, could you try both, we only have one tester with a G3 and he has
not had any success as yet. ppc discussions are also carried out at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1918246 which will keep you up to
date with things that effect "General" ppc systems so as we can determine
which are lubuntu specific.

Lots of reading there.

The lubuntu wiki area on testing is at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing

I'll dig out the old iMac and see if it still works, and see if I can read up on enough stuff to avoid totally embarrassing myself. The machine I mentioned which I installed Lubuntu desktop on is choc full of development stuff, and other experiments with Precise, so isn't probably a good candidate for a testing machine.

Finally (to get my messages off this list) what is the address to send emails to the mailing list? I use this list on Gmane - would there be any objections to the Lubuntu-qa list being added to Gmane?

--
JimP