On 18/03/12 15:09, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
You could try DOSBOX.

Thanks guys - it actually works. I'm amazed! I had tried a couple of installations of dos - various versions. For some reason I got nowhere trying to install Win 98 - I guess the 2GiB of memory is seen as a nonsense by these early versions.

DosBox is amazing, and really configurable. The game is a real retro one: 'Mario Teaches Sums', by a firm called Nintendo! It might keep my four-year old granddaughter happy for an hour or two! I'm sure there are far better early-learning games out there, but I really wanted to see if this one could work. More curiosity than anything else. Thanks again.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/