----- Mensaje original -----
> n Tue, 2012-05-08 at 18:10 +0100, Andy Braben wrote:
>

> > well lots of people use smartphone apps everyday just because
> > they own an android or iphone but have probably never been
> > near the boot menu on their computer   - so the idea is   it
> > would just tell you which keys to press to get to the boot
> > menu on your particular machine and then how you can choose
> > your boot option.
> > We will   include the info on our website as well - so it's
> > easy   to find online
> > Sarah
> >

> > Personally, while I see this as very useful information and well worth
> > doing on a website - why do you want an Android app? The website is
> > just as viewable on a phone as it is on any other computer.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Andy
> >

> We were looking at ways to make it easier and more comfortable for
> people who were not used to doing it to boot from USB or CD into a linux
> distro - specifically Tuxedu.
>
> We had already decided to try to gather this info for our use and to put
> it on the website when someone offered to write an android app - this
> spurred us into action
>
> Its just different ways to present the info in a way that's easy for
> people who don't consider themselves 'technical' to use   -   if we want
> to get more people using Ubuntu we have to make it easier for them to
> start - if they fall at the first hurdle because they don't understand
> what a boot menu is or are too scared to change options then they won't
> discover how easy Ubuntu is to use.
>
> you can quickly forget how intimidating these things are for many people
> - but if you walk them through how to boot (as we have done with a room
> full of parents) and explain what and why they are doing it you will
> have more chance of them actually using the distro in the longterm.
>
> Sarah
> http://www.tuxedu.org/tell-us-how-you-get-your-pc-into-usb-boot-mode/

can I just add that if the app works offline it is great beacause you do not
need an internet connection to view the page. Not everybody has wifi routers or
even 3g where they are installing it.
People will also end up printing  up the guide if they can. So a printer
friendly version is also a good idea (pdf?)