On 2012-10-04 16:05, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 4 October 2012 15:54, Gareth France <gareth.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Both have the Pentium P6200 processor.
>>
> Unfortunately, Intel is rather addicted to selling cheap, crippled
> CPUs which have been hobbled to fit a low price point by disabling
> most of their onboard cache memory. This dramatically reduces
> performance.

Wow. Checking on that CPU, I can't believe it is still being sold:

http://ark.intel.com/products/50176/Intel-Pentium-Processor-P6200-3M-Cache-2_13-GHz

It doesn't even have VT-x!

I'm sorry, Gareth, but I have no suggestions for you. Consider using Gnome
2 or XFCE.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"[...] freedom is kind of a hobby with me, and I have disposable income
that I'll spend to find out how to get people more of it."