On 10/05/13 10:05, Sean Miller wrote:
On 10 May 2013 10:01, Sean Miller <s...@seanmiller.net <mailto:s...@seanmiller.net>> wrote:

    Also, regarding 0845 a simple Google search pulls up this website
    http://www.weq4u.co.uk/ which allows you to call a landline number
    (0333 5432111) and then when it answers type in an 0845 number and
    it'll connect... so it isn't exactly rocket science, is it?

Another number is 0131 516 3461

Again, allows calls to 0845 numbers via. a geographical number for free...

It's just a case of "helping yourself", imho... if you work on the basis that you're going to find reasons not to let Packard Bell help you then it's a trifle unfair to suggest it's their fault.

Sean

I haven't found any reasons for them not to help me. The issue mostly is with the phone numbers, where many companies use these non-geographic numbers, creating a barrier between them and some of their customers. It really does wind me up and this issue could have been solved in 5 minutes, had I been able to sort it out over the phone. Instead it took a month.

These numbers you suggest, what's in it for them exactly? Who's picking up the tab when I'm phoning for free?