On 10/05/13 21:34, Barry Drake wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm not much of an irc person - haven't
even got a client installed on this system.  I'll go on next week and
lurk for a while though,  There's no great hurry as I'm fine on the
backup 13.04, but I quite enjoy finding bugs in a testing release by
actually using it day-to-day.  I'll post the result eventually.

I wasn't suggesting you lurk in an irc channel. More that you go to the channel during European the working day (to hit more desktop developers) and speak to the developers directly.

While Phil may have put it bluntly, he's right. The best place to talk about Ubuntu+1 issues is where the developers hang out, which is on IRC, and on dev/qa lists all day every day.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Engineering Manager