On 08/05/13 21:33, Liam Proven wrote:
On 8 May 2013 21:14, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
On 08/05/13 16:35, Liam Proven wrote:

Possible idea: create a new account from the CLI, log in to it - default
settings might work where the existing ones don't - and see if the theme can
be reset from there? Or, if it's a sacrificial account, experimentally nuke
the GNOME settings in the home directory? (Temporarily move 'em elsewhere to
see if they are causing the problem.)

Thanks for the suggestions.  They did not work.   The new account and the
guest account behave in the same way.  I'll take the updates for a few days
and if that fails, re-install from the daily build in a week or so - it's
easy to waste more time than a simple re-install will take.

Sorry to hear they didn't help. Your plan sounds good, though. Let us
know how you get on?

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Hi,

I had a similar issue after upgrade to 12.04 (I know it's not your problem!), to fix it I moved my .local folder from my home and put in Documents. Then reboot, & put things back 1 bit at a time, turned out it was the icon folder causing the prob for me (dunno how?!).

Might be worth a try before complete re-install!!

Reagards

Pete