On 21/08/13 10:13, scoundrel50a wrote:
Hi, I really dont understand the attitude of attack when somebody posts something like this. Not everybody is competant in using Ubuntu, and not everybody understands the risks involved especially considering for years its been pushed as a safe OS. All i have done is post this to the group, I dont appreciate this attitude. It doesnt give Ubuntu a good light when people see this.

On the whole I have stopped posting to this group since there are a number of people who are obviously on pedestals above us lowly minions. Not so long back after starting a thread I was shot down in an unforgivably harsh manner by people who made assumptions about me based on absolutely no evidence and proceeded to trample all over my opinion and my self esteem.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, not everyone is an expert, not everyone understands things that are obvious to you. Be careful how you respond as we are supposed to be wanting to encourage mass adoption and as many new users as possible. Insulting them, depressing them, making them feel small, they will only leave.