On 22/08/13 15:59, Gareth France wrote:

I am in a dead area for user groups and would like to start one up. I feel it would be a great help to have something physical where people can go for help, support and encouragement. However whenever I mention this and try to push for it I just get hit with a whole lot of negative comments and lethargy. Nobody seems willing to support the idea at all and I think it's a real shame. There seems to be a lot of laziness and 'let somebody else deal with it' attitude going on. I'm more than happy to set one up but it's not easy when you don't have any proof that anybody else will even turn up!

We all need to remember at all times that when we talk on these forums, chat rooms, web pages that we are representing the brand (whichever floats your boat) and so should keep it positive, constructive and supportive at all times. If any of us feels the need to drag the tone down we really shouldn't be doing so in such a public way, keep it 1 on 1.

Gareth,

There is nothing to stop you organising it, sending a link out to date / time of the meet up here if you so chose, it's an Ubuntu mailing list so I assume the meet up would be Ubuntu related of some kind, perhaps you could add the event to the loco team portal.

Laura

--
Laura Czajkowski
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski