On 18/01/15 09:15, Colin Law wrote:
Also if that is the version of ibus then I deduce you are running Ubuntu 14.10, whereas the new ibus is for 14.04, so it won't help anyway. I don't know, but I suspect it may not be back ported for 14.10 as that will be superseded in a few months anyway.

One advantage of running the latest versions is that I get the updates straight away. The keyboard problem seems to be well fixed in 15.10, and although I rarely drop back to 15.04, I think it's fixed there too. It's just so easy to re-install every six months, I don't know why anyone struggles on with anything but the latest.

Regards,        Barry.