I do understand the reasons why it is a good thing to do. I am often juggling several tasks at once and my son refuses to allow me to concentrate on any of them so I can get wound up by anything other than the straightforward solution.

That said I do appreciate the help. Yes Colin the mail has gone because I had resolved the issue I believed and deleted it. It's not the end of the world, it is now consistently US format so I can handle that. It was jumping between the two that was driving me mad.