Toshiba Portege R100: I have all hotkeys I'd want working under Jaunty. I
think that the kernel modules involved, and tool support for those modules
have had a rocky ride. I've had to futz in different ways in the different
Ubuntu releases to get things working.

However this (Jaunty) time around I just needed to: aptitude install fnfxd
and LCD backlight brightness, volume etc keys worked straight away.

I subsequently installed fnfx-client so that I could bind my own actions
to fn keys (indeed on the R100 most keys can be detected in an fn+key
combination, which is rather nice), such as poking DBUS to do actions such
as suspend or hibernate.

--
Regression: new Toshiba Laptop Support (tlsup) driver breaks Toshiba hotkeys;
input device does not support 'kbd' input handler