I understand that you do not support hybrid, but it used to work on
11.10 and 12.04 up to last week,  The update batch that broke it
contained Unity 5.2 and I think an Xorg update, not bumblebee or
Nvidia...

Can you please add pulseaudio to the project list (I can only add
upstream) as the HDMI audio issue should be theirs as the first poster
indicated.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  HDMI monitor issues since 5.2 (hybrid gfx)