uh, I mean even that one commit from 3.4 isn't enough for my case, so
there must be something else to backport, since at least 3.4 final is
stable here. It's just quite hard to bisect through the list of commits,
when reproducing the hang can take several hours, and the number of
commits to i915 is over 100 in 3.4-rc1 compared to 3.3

  [IVB]12.04 64 bit System freezes (mouse, keyboard)