This has nothing to do with NVidia. I have an Intel 4500 GMA. I think
I've finally reached the end of my rope with Ubuntu. Just when it's
working for you, they break it. Unity worked very well on my ACER 1410
laptop under 11.04, surprisingly, though it was expected to have many
bugs. But instead of it get refined over the last year, it seems to be
just getting more unstable. I'd hoped to stay with the LTS for awhile,
but I probably won't be staying with Ubuntu at all.

I could never get Unity to work reliably on my desktop, and have long
since replace it with KDE, which has been almost rock solid stable. I
don't like the UI as well, but it has it's own strengths.

I've also noticed the logouts seem to happen when I'm using the web
browser (Chromium), though I haven't verified that.

Almost every time it boots, or resumes from suspend, I get an error
message asking if I want to submit a report. Clicking continue only
leads me in an endless circle of pop messages.

I've tried to be patient with Ubuntu, and had high hopes for it. But
since upgrading to 12.04, I've gone a month without printing, suffered
scores of random log-outs ( with the resulting lost data and time), and
constant error messages. A fresh install didn't help at all. There's the
possibility of sticking with Kubuntu, but the frequent indifference
shown to major bugs like this has left me very disenchanted.

  Random log off in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS