> The bug is marked general, not Intel. Various comments spoke of at least one
> other chip prior to my MGA comment 58. Before your comment 58 reached my eyes,
> I had to put that Intel host aside to work on the MGA host, so I used that to
> demonstrate what I wrote in comment 58, that "always" is incorrect.

Fair enough.

> That said, I reread comment 6, which does indicate manual intervention via
> config file or xrandr is normally required to achieve accurate DPI, normal
> meaning ATI, Intel or NVidia, chips that have current version xrandr-supported
> drivers.

I don't want to push too much, but up until now all feedback to this bug
has been (or at least this is how it reads to me):

- autodetection of DPI is deprecated
- 96 dpi ought to be enough for anybody :)

Does this mean you agree that under normal circumstances the DPI should
be the one detected from EDID and 96 is just a fall-back value in case
auto-detection fails? Because I don't believe anyone here disagrees 96
should be uses as *fall-back*, we just don't want it *overriding*
correctly auto-detected values.

Thanks for reading,
Andrei

  [gm45] wrong screen size detected on X200s