11.10 still going strong, not liking my odds for an upgrade...

On 1 November 2012 13:30, Rabit rabit <o2918...@rtrtr.com> wrote:

> Same thing here too..
>
> Core2Duo Desktop
> Nvidia 6600GT
> 2GB
> Ubuntu 12.04 32bit (always updated)
>
> Random crashes almost everyday, often when watching some videos or
> youtube, but also crashes when I'm not doing any video at all. Yesterday
> it crashed when I was scrolling some web page on firefox. This morning
> when I was watching youtube. Seems like random actually. Someday I get
> by without any crash.
>
> It's pathetic really, because I have been a strong supporter of ubuntu,
> and I've helped installing ubuntu on many friend's and family's
> computers.. I've always brag how solid and stable ubuntu is. Now I feel
> really bad for them.
>
> Yesterday I decided to upgrade my kernel to 3.4. But no luck. Today it
> crashes again.
>
> When it crashes, the keyboard lights blinking. No mouse or keyboard or
> ssh or telnet works. It will eventually restart itself after a half a
> minute or so.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/993187
>
> Title:
>   ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Andy Brook
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/andyjbrook (Biz)
http://www.facebook.com/javahollic (Personal)
Support: http://www.getsatisfaction.com/javahollic
Twitter: http://twitter.com/javahollic
Skype: javahollic

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.