@rsoika,
I don't think it is ivy bridge related because my hardware is not ivy bridge.
I'm using older Core2Duo cpu and Geforce 7600GT  with older intel chipset. I
forgot what it's called but definitely not sandy or ivy bridge.  It is a legacy
time tested hardware that shouldn't have had bugs problems (in theory).

This bug is so random it's really hard to pinpoint the problem.
The last three days it happened several times a day. But today, actually from
last night, I haven't had any freeze at all, almost 24 hours.
This time, I've played all kind of video music and streaming videos such as
youtube with no freeze which usually caused to freeze almost definitely. But
not today, I don't know why. I didn't do any update at all.

Must be a very very difficult bug to track I think.

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.