Hello,

the same problem for me.

all starting with a chrome crash  then firefox. I tried to restart the browser
several times but it always closed. Then complete freeze of PC.
Hard reboot several times, and each time the same symptoms. In addition, after
each reboot, full error message but never the same and always freeze after few
minutes.

Unfortunately I had reinstalled everything and it no longer a problem
for a few days.

Today, the problem reappeared. Firefox and thunderbird crash, attempt to
reopen but not full and freeze.

Interestingly, I have a windows 7 VM with virtualbox vm and keeps
rebooting every 1-2 minutes since the first freeze.

My configuration:
Asus G75V
ubuntu 4.12 64 bit
RAM: 24 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670m with the proprietary driver

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.