Hello Brian

Using the proposed package fixes the XReply bug.

I now experience other bugs from other display related packages. I set
up my display incorrectly at first so they just might be reports of
that. I'll reboot and see if they remain.

Otherwise the theme is correct, the keyboard layout holds and key
combinations work again. Thanks.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-modesetting in Ubuntu.

  xrandr Xerrors with the nvidia binary drivers (optimus)