> To cap frequency I read the max (779 for mine) from
>
> cat /sys/class/drm/card0/gt_max_freq_mhz
>
> To set pick a lower value (as root)
>
> echo 423 > /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_max_freq

I have a Z3735F baytrail tablet running Debian 8 with a 1 month old
linux-next kernel.

I've lowered the i915_max_freq to 345 MHz, and achieved stability that way.
No freezes since then. The Z3735F GPU has a base freq of 311 MHz, so I am
pretty close to that.

I have also patched the kernel source with a few baytrail sdhci related
patches from: https://github.com/hadess/rtl8723bs/tree/master/patches

  8086:0f31 Xubuntu freeze once a day