Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 26 October 2008 01:49:53 Carmelo Amoroso wrote:
>> Rob Landley wrote:

>>> You say this while top-posting. :)
>>>
>>> Is your fix for uClibc, or uClibc++?  This appears to be a uClibc++
>>> issue, how do you fix it in uClibc?
>> Hi Rob,
>> the fix is in uClibc, it consists of moving the implementation from ld.so
>> and libdl.a to libc.so/libc.a.
>
> Could you give me a little more detail about exactly what the issue is?  (Ok,
> I read the patch, but "it breaks" and "this fixes it" doesn't really help me
> form a good mental model of what's going on here...)
>
> The error message Flemming reported was trying to access a tls symbol, which
> uClibc still doesn't support...?  (Or is this a patch to the nptl branch?)
>
> Rob

Ok,
I read the message of Flemming not carefully... the patch I proposed was
referring to the dl_iterate_phdr missing symbols.

abi/libgcc_eh/unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.o: In function `_Unwind_Find_FDE':
unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c:(.text+0x17b8): undefined reference to
`dl_iterate_phdr'

Indeed, as he replied after my post, the reference to the __tls_get_addr
function was due a configuration error of uClibc++.

Sorry for having confused with multiple patches/proposal and emails.
Currently the dl_iterate_phdr symbols is defined in ld-uClibc.so.0 and
libdl.a. The idea is to move into libc.so.0 and libc.a (exactly as glibc
does).

Carmelo