On Wednesday 29 October 2008 02:05:39 Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> > For one thing, a statically linked program would never get
> > dl_iterate_phdr right now, right?
>
> Yes, infact I discovered the problem while statically linking a C++
> application.
> (What does that symbol _do_, anyway?  Is there some
>
> > documentation I should read up on somewhere?)
>
> man dl_iterate_phdr
> it can say something much more and better than me ;-)

Ok, so a statically linked program that wants to dlopen() shared libraries
(such as plugins) won't work against current uClibc.  That's not extremely
common, but it sounds like a valid use case to me.

This is not a uClibc++ issue, and the fix is to make uClibc behave like glibc,
so this should probably be fixed in 0.9.30.

Rob