On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 12:46:49PM +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> I still don't understand. In a non MMU-system every process (sauf init)
> is a vfork child, so threading would be impossible.

You can't do thread stuff in the child part of the code after calling
vfork.  You can however do anything you want including threads in your
new process after you call exec.  So you can call vfork, then call exec,
and now you can do threading and anything else you want.  After calling
exec they are no longer a vfork child, they are now a new process with
new rules.

--
Len Sorensen