On Saturday 28 February 2009 14:16:30 Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > (like daemonizing code)
>
> It is possible to daemonize on uClinux without exec'ing a new process,
> using clone() instead of vfork().  I have a version of the daemon()
> function which does that, which I posted to the Busybox bug tracker
> years ago; I should really submit it to uClibc.

so we're working on converting the old mantis db to bugzilla, but it's not
complete (attachments are missing).  i tried searching for this but wasnt able
to find it.  could you give it a spin ?
http://bugstest.busybox.net/

otherwise i dont suppose you could dig up your old patch ?  having daemon()
support in uClibc would be pretty nice to have under no-mmu ... i read through
the clone() man page for a while, but i couldnt seem to trick my head into
figuring out how to emulate proper behavior where the parent and grand parent
die but the child keeps running, and the child is able to return to the
calling function with the stack intact.
-mike